Friday 13 October 2017

Free reading story for kids in English about plants. Free PDF printable.

My New Friend 
A Big Yellow Sunflower 
By: Adiba Anwar 
I Love sunflower.
So, I planted some seeds of sunflower and watered it. And now I was anxiously waiting when a little baby plant of sunflower will grow. 

After 20 days it grew up and I was much happy. 
I use to go to see and water it daily. It was growing slowly and became much bigger. 

Now it is a tall big plant and I am very happy because it is very beautiful. 
A big yellow sunflower also blooming on it now. 
As a sunny day and it is very hot outside. 
I spread some sheets upon it to escape it from hot weather. 
But my mom told me that plants do not like plastic sheets or covers upon them. 
She told me that plants need water and soil to grow well. 

Plants need fresh air and sunlight too. 
They can't grow without 
1.Soil to get energy
2.Water. 
3.Sunlight 
4. Fresh air 
She gave me a little more information about the sunflower. 
Sunflower's scientific name is “Helianthus”  Helia' mean 'sun' and 'thus' means 'flower'. 
Plants are very good friends of ours. They give us foods. They give us fresh atmosphere and oxygen.  
They also make us happy with beautiful colors and fragrant. 
 At the morning I love to see it spreading its petals. During the day sunflower tracks the sun from east to west. 
It sleeps when the sun goes down. 
I'm very happy with my new friend. 

A story for kids by Adiba Anwar. 
Also, get my other stories for kids in English and Urdu with free printables. here.
Pdf free printable.

15 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful story. Downloading for my nephew! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your recognition.You would get more soon inshaAllah Stay tuned.

      Delete
  2. That's such a sweet little story :) And very informative too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story. I like how it's brief...perfect for little ones. Also, a lot of good new vocabulary words for me to introduce to my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments.This was written for my kids.They are Plant and story lovers. So info is added for them.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely story! Will share with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to put children's stories online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah such a beautiful story. There's something about sunflowers that always make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Assalamualaikum, jazakillah khair for sharing sister. The story is both interesting and informative. However if this story is meant for model writing, I suggest that you take note of a few grammatical and punctuation mistakes like using capital letters for simple nouns "But My Mom told me that Plants do not...". May Allah bless you and your family for your wonderful effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your interest and also giving me a healthy review. I will surely edit my story and correct it as soon as it is possible.

      Delete
  10. MasahAllah lovely story that is educational too. The girls love sunflowers and are sure to like reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute story :) will be sending the link for my small cousins to check it out. (www.beautywithzainy.com and www.spicyfusionkitchen.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for compliments.

Featured post

Ramdan and Eid of expats. With Eid and Ramdan arts and Crafts for kids

Ramadan And Eid of Expats. The First Ramadan and Eid as an expat was at the stage of self-pity and made me homesick. But now ...