Tuesday 17 October 2017

Cow and a goat; Poetry of Allama Iqbal for children adopted story.



A cow and a goat

Adapted for children
(Free children's stories)
 Children's story adopted by Allama Iqbal


Once there was a cow in a verdant pasture filled with the pleasant fragrance of Spring.
brooks of blue and sweat water flow there with pride. Around was surrounded by countless trees of pomegranate and pipal.
And the sounds of birds and cool breezes fill the air with love. Then a Goat appeared at the bank of that brook from somewhere who was also browsing.
She stopped browsing for a while and looked around. She found a cow was also standing there. Just to have some nice talk with the cow little goat paid regards (Salaam) and she started talking in a very tactful tone.
Goat:- Most respected madam Cow! How are you doing
Cow:- Not very well.
Then she began to complain about, many things.
Cow:- I'm surprised and cursing at the people who are not as good as ALLAH had honored them.
We Poor are very helpless and we do not have any power. Misfortune always treats badly poor like us.
Man is very cruel. One should never do any favors or help to a man. Because no one gets fruits of his help and nice dealing with man.
Then she said:-  If milk of me decreases' he mourn me. When I turn into old age or loses me energy he sold me out. It is me who is feeding his children and they get energy and grown up very well because of my milk.
And in return for my best, I get evil from him. After hearing all these complaints the goad disagreed with the cow.
She said:- I know the truth is always bitter and no one likes to hear it. But I will say what is right. All these green grasses, trees, shadows are because of a man. It is he because of whom we are living in pleasure and happiness. So Tell me if freedom is better or his bondage?
You know we have fear of many animals. And we always seek protection from the wilderness. So It is just because of his kindness we are living happily and safely. If you acknowledge the comforts he provides us you will never complain about him.
The cow was ashamed of his complaints and felt sorry. He reviewed the little talk of goat about good and bad and accepted that hence goat has a small body but her words are very powerful and convincing.
                   Adiba Anwar
This is a moral and reading children's story. Share your thoughts about this story. 
Which kind of stories your children do love and enjoy more? Moral, reading, Prophets stories or stories of heroes?
The story is adapted from the poetry by Poet of East Allama Iqbal.
Go here for more poems with English translation.
Down is the poem.
For more stories click this link 
Read About The Great Poet of the east.





(Bang-e-Dra-008) Aik Gaye Aur Bakri



12 comments:

  1. I love your stories, Adiba! Have you ever thought of making a book out of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for appreciating me. I will definitely do it. But I will make animations of them at first.

      Delete
  2. Great story & a good way to teach about appreciating what you gave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes this is Really a great story to teach kids to be thank full of every thing they have and also appreciating others.

      Delete
  3. My eldest will read anything and don't think she has a favourite type...she reads the books about the prophets, general reads and factual too alhamdulillah. Love that she loves reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love poems especially those that are translated from one language to another. How beautiful do the words sound in another language! So lyrical.




    www.nmdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so important to have children's stories that have a moral attached. I think often it's the best way to teach them

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love poems, I think in different languages it always sounds slightly different sometimes not even as deep as in the written language. I do think it's important for children to read and to like reading especially on a fun level. Thank you for sharing. (Www.spicyfusionkitchen.com and www.beautywithzainy.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely poem with a good moral. My kids like to read and listen to stories but we don't often read poetry. #MuslimahBloggers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...such a sweet short story...Will read this tonight to my lil darling...she is very fond of moral stories....thank you for the translation and sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love stories with good morals. This one is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. paypal to btc exchange ,you can buy coinpal in mart in exchange of get instant to transfer money paypal and bitcoin, how to make money provide with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for compliments.

Featured post

Ramdan and Eid of expats. With Eid and Ramdan arts and Crafts for kids

Ramadan And Eid of Expats. The First Ramadan and Eid as an expat was at the stage of self-pity and made me homesick. But now ...